Quechua woman in Quito, Ecuador.

In honor of the IMMEASURABLE, and often unheralded, role women play in holding our fragile world together, this is not a week for a white man like me to be blogging about what’s on my mind. It’s a time when we should all be thinking carefully about how we treat the women in our lives–mothers, sisters, wives, friends, employees, co-workers, those we encounter in shops, pass on the street, sit beside on the bus, see begging on the sidewalks, all colors, all creeds, all religions, AND especially to the legions of SINGLE MOMS who raise and support the children of dead-beat fathers. They are ALL just as important, just as capable, an equal to any man (or more so!) and should be paid and treated equally.

Maasai woman in Kenya preparing the fire for cooking.

As the legendary R&B singer Aretha Franklin so clearly and simply states in her 1967 anthem, women deserve and have worked for centuries for R-E-S-P-E-C-T! International Women’s Day should be celebrated 365 days per year in our hearts, minds and actions.

Venezuelan immigrant woman watching over her children on the Colombia/Venezuela border.

peace and respect~ henry

1. Brava! Reblogging to my readers at sister site Timeless Wisdoms

Liked by 3 people

1. Thanks and blessings to you Ana 🙂

1. Thank YOU, and blessings back!

2. Amen to that. Thanks for the beautifully crafted post recognizing so many unrecognized. We could all do with a few moments to consider the women in our world and how they have shaped our lives.

Liked by 3 people

1. Agreed. We can never say thank you enough for all the things that women do to make our world a better place.

Liked by 3 people

3. Gireesh Navath March 9, 2019 at 6:28 am

I share your view, dear Henry.

Liked by 3 people

1. Hi Gireesh! Thanks so much!

4. Equal pay and more appreciation for women’s work at home and everywhere, plus less macho from men would make everyone happier. Good luck to women fighting for their rights everywhere and let’s all give them the support we can give. Thanks for reminding us Henry.

Liked by 4 people

1. Yes, it’s up to us to offer our support! Thanks for commenting Marios!

5. So true and beautifully expressed! 🌺

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank you! The header image of the young Omani girls is not mine, but was taken by Abdullah AlShuhi, an Omani photographer.

6. Thanks for this great post!

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank you, bu the inspiration belongs to women everywhere!

7. I’m so glad there are such good people like you in the world who’ll step out of their own skin to recognize the contributions of others, be they differently gendered, colored, or spiritually inclined. ❤️

Liked by 3 people

1. Thanks for those kind words, but I am not always a ‘good’ person. I’m just a freak who doesn’t fit in which I think makes it easier (and even a treat!) for me to step outside myself for while and see how others are living their lives. Our world would collapse very quickly without the myriad contributions of women in every facet of life and men need to wake up to that fact.

8. Henry, it’s heartening that a white man like you is aware of the “IMMEASURABLE, and often unheralded, role women play in holding our fragile world together.” What we humans are witnessing/experiencing today is the result of centuries of global elitist patriarchal domination.

Liked by 2 people

1. I couldn’t agree more Rosaliene: Virulent males have raped, pillaged, and generally exhibited a ‘take no prisoners’ attitude toward both our planet and those gentle souls who were viewed as being weak and simply run down in their wake. It’s time for regime change!

Fortunately, I had amazing female role models in both my mother and maternal grandmother. I grew up thinking all women were naturally like that–strong-willed, bright, curious and never afraid to tackle new challenges. They both were also wise enough to choose men who (being secure enough in their own masculinity) freely allowed them to spread their wings and outshine them. 🙂

1. Thank you Rose Mary!

9. Powerful, and thank you!

Liked by 2 people

10. I love this, thank you. I did something kind of similar for guys a couple years ago. Mine is a little rough around the edges, though! 🤓

1. And thanks to all the amazing women who have been inspirations to me!

1. Very cool. Take care.